Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Telus Critter Challenge 2011 - Otter Takes 2nd! Thanks To YOU!

Last month TELUS launched it's new campaign, along with it's Critter Challenge and YOU heard about it HERE.

And you voted.

And for that, I thank you!


After the preliminary round, 'my' critter, Otter, went into the finals with 31% of the votes.

Your votes.

In the end, it was the Saw Whet Owl that took the early lead, and the win.

However, in the Telus Critter Challenge 2011 - Otter Takes 2nd! Thanks To YOU!





Otter may not have taken 1st place, but that's OK.

Now he's free to sign with whoever he wants, and won't be limited to strictly commercials!

You know, like those American Idols, who end up doing better than those who took home first place and signed the contract.

We won't name names ...


And *I* was a winner too!

Because YOU voted Otter into 2nd place, after I hounded you all on Facebook and at work ;-p, I won second place in the Telus Critter Blogger Challenge.

This means, a new Motorola Defy Smartphone and a Motorola XOOM Tablet are being sent to me this week!

WOOHOO! YAY Me!


Perhaps I'm shooting myself in the foot, (with respect to future blogging invitations) but there was one aspect of the contest I would have changed.

TELUS did a great job of promoting the contest on Facebook, and publicly thanking all the Facebook voters.

I know, I was there checking out Otters votes every night.

But not once, that I saw (and yes, I googled), did they mention or acknowledge the bloggers they had working behind the scenes.

The Critter Campaign Managers

Driving traffic to that Facebook page, to vote for their Critter.



As I said in my first post, it wasn't the lure of the prizes that got me on-board, it was the fact they considered me one of Canada's top bloggers, and asked me in the first place.

And don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful they DID ask me to participate.

It just would have been nice to have been acknowledged, in some way, for doing so.


But ya know what? I had fun with it.

You read, you voted, and hopefully entered their contest too!


So thank you.

Thank you for taking the time to vote, to help raise money for the Nature Conservancy of Canada, and for helping me win some great prizes.

I still think Otters are pretty damn cute.

And he really Otter WON!

K.

No comments: