Friday, October 3, 2008

Who's Hiding In The Korner?

Welcome!

I am Kim and this is my Korner.

Many of you who stop by here, know the boys and I personally. Many of you simply stumble into here and don't.

If you've been a Kim's Korner reader for awhile, this will all be old news to you. If you're one a new visitor ... this is for YOU!

Although there are many people who hang out in, or stop by our Korner, there are only five who call it home. Myself, the two boys, the dog and cat.



This is ME - Sorta ...

No ... I'm not a blonde ...that pic was from Halloween :-) I'm actually a brunette, who's a full time single mom of 18 and 14yr old active boys.

I'm a sports mom. Baseball, Basketball, Gymnastics, Swimming ... they did it. Keeps 'em busy, healthy, learning and out of trouble. Good kids most days ... who display 'Son of Satan' tendencies on others ;-)


My other full time job is as an instructional developer for military aircraft, at a simulation and training for civil aviation & defense company.

I'm also a business analyst, tester, trainer and blogger. 


And of course, we can't forget, Mom.  Pick a hat.  I wear 'em all.

Oh, and I was one of the original selfie takers ... back in the day.








The Boys




This is them. Alec and Adam. Real names? Or something I just made up for the blog? Who knows?

I'm not going to give specific descriptions of each. Their likes / dislikes / personalities. You know everything I want you to know about them through my posts.

No more, no less :-)

And it's through these same posts, that you catch glimpses of the 'characters' they can sometimes be.







Linken











This is Linken, our cat.  

He's pretty awesome.  

'nuff said. 























 



Belle





And of course our Belle. She joined us seven years ago. She's a great girl. When she's not getting into my shoes, action figures, or the garbage I forget to take outside!








In their younger years






Not so little anymore ...



Apparently it's 'good blogging etiquette' to explain *why* I blog. That's pretty much explained in I Own a Most Sh*t Trophy!, and at the beginning of The Secret, The Bee/Wasp, The Bum and The Pass

But these are buried within eight years of blog posts, and only the die-hards will read back that far ;-) So I'm making it obvious HERE!

There ya go. The Who, What and Why. The When, is ... whenever I feel I have something worth sharing. 

And the Where? Not a chance I'm posting those dirty details! Other than Nova Scotia, Canada.


Thanks for wandering into our Korner. Hope you manage to find your way back again :-)



K.


 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear an NS mom when I am all the time in Singapore. Will follow you more often!!!

Randa Derkson said...

Woo for a fellow Canadian gal!

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Congrats on your SITS day! Nice to meet you. Pretty cat!

Unknown said...

It was fun to see your family.

Joann Mannix said...

Goodness girl and you have time to blog, too. My mom/blogger/woman hat is off to you.

Happy SITS day! Now, on to check out your whirlwind of a life.

Gamma Sharon said...

What a wonderful family! I like you... you are straight and to the point!
Again, I'm late but happy SITS day anyway!

Anonymous said...

I just met Kim and my first impression was that she's a terrific person. Kim I enjoy reading your blog and thanks for the lift again !

Kim's Korner said...

Thank you very much! :-D

LOL considering there have been a very select few people I've given a lift to lately, this has to be one of three people!

Glad you've enjoyed the blog. Never a dull moment around here! ;-D