Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Secret, The Bee/Wasp, The Bum and The Pass

Hey Family and Friends and Bloggers!

Last year I decided to board the blogging bus for the same reason many of us are here, to keep the family and friends updated on 'what we're up to'.

All of my previous blogs have been posted on MySpace. I like MS, but I don't look at it as a specific 'blogging site'.

I thought I would create an account here, just out of curiousity, to see what the traffic was like, if there was any interest in the adventures of Kim's Korner, outside of my loyal MS Friends :-)

I'll still be keeping my 'old' blog on MySpace, but would simply like to wander into the Blogger family as well

If you're here because I've invited you, glad you could make it! If you've wandered into my blog spot ... welcome! If you like what you read, feel free to come back. For some strange reason, 'things' always seem to happen to me, (which is probably why I like the phrase "everything happens for a reason"), so there'll always be new adventures to follow .

The last two blogs I posted, were regarding our Summer Vacation Excitement. Feel Free to go over to my MySpace account, to read those first, or, feel free to start with the newest post here.

There was one last 'story' I wanted to share with everyone from Summer Vacation '07. This one DOESN'T directly involve the kids LOL.

I'm sure many of you out there have heard of the book The Secret. Or have seen the movie. I had read review snippets of it, and caught conversations of it here and there over the past little while. I realize some of you will have no idea what I'm talking about ;-) but I think there will be some of you who are nodding your heads, as you've either read or are in the process of reading it :-)

On first day of vacation, I finished the new Harry Potter Book. Loved it. Loved the ending :-) Thanks to all of you who finished it before me, and who also didn't spoil the ending ... thank you VERY much!!! :-D

The next day, I spotted The Secret on the shelf across the room and picked it up, the book I had heard so much about, and started to read. I read the Acknowledgments, the Forward, every word of every sentence. I have a tendency of 'skimming' over paragraphs that don't hold my interest, but I wanted to be able to say I had literally read this one in particular from cover to cover :-)

Now I'm not going to go on and on about what it's about, or if I 'believe' in any or all of it. I'm not going to get onto a soapbox about god, the universe, higher powers, alien life, or invite debates on the meaning of life LOL. I simply wanted to make a few comments on a couple of incidents that happened after I started reading this book, which I thought were 'cool'.

In order for you to understand their significance, you DO have to have some sort of general understanding of what the book is about.

In a nutshell, I think it's all about the law of attraction, and what thoughts/words/actions you throw out there into the universe, good or bad, you attract back to you. You stress about things, you get more stressed, more bills arrive. Think positive thoughts, good things happen, you win the lottery ... that sort of thing.

Some people think it's a load of cr*p. That's ok. I can't say I 'believe' everything I read in these types of books anyway cause that just isn't true. I take what works for me, and leave the rest. Yes, I think the mind is an extremely powerful thing. I believe in thinking positively - no matter what, sixth senses, mommy instincts, hunches, and I follow mine. Not every time, and sometimes I regret not doing so.

But you can't tell me that a 2yr old child will send negative thoughts out into the universe to bring a form of disease or deformity onto itself. Which is also what the book is stating. Think negatively, bring negativity onto you. You can't tell me my dad didn't spend every day after he found out he was sick, asking god, the fates, the powers that be, to make him well again. You can't tell me there weren't thousands of 'good' thoughts being sent out into the universe for him. So why doesn't The Secret work for everyone, simply by them asking for what they want?

Having said all that. I still always try to look at the positive side of things. :-) Find the humor in the stressful/bad situations. You sort of have to when you own a 'Most Sh*t' trophy ... don't you? ;-) (if you're curious about the Most Sh*t trophy, you'd have to go back to my very first blog on MySpace)
There are many 'little secrets' throughout The Secret. I realize I've 'practiced' some of these my whole life, sometimes without realizing I'm doing so. Some, I've thought, sure ... that makes sense ... other bits of information just sort of leave me going '.... yeah ... ok .... I don't think so'. But again, I'm simply taking from it what I will, and leaving what just isn't for me.

So I'm into the first few chapters while we're visiting family and I had just finished reading about how it's all about the law of attraction. What you think/talk about, you send out into the universe, and the wheels go in motion to make it happen.

The afternoon of the tornado, immediately after getting into the vehicle, we cracked the windows because it was simply scorching in there. As we pulled out of the driveway, I also started the air conditioning. I made a comment of rarely using the AC, because I prefer the wind from the open window. My cousin's wife said "Oh no, I always use the AC and keep the windows closed because I'm afraid of a Bee or Hornet flying in." I sort of chuckled and asked "Really?, I ALWAYS have them down, especially on the highway and have never had a problem with bugs". I like my road trips. I like the music blasting and the windows down and singing at the top of my lungs ... and I've yet to swallow a bug that way ;-)

After that, the conversation turned to "How long can we swim this afternoon Mom?" and the window/AC debate was forgotten.

Until the drive home two days later .....

We had just finished filling the gas tank and had hit the highway, settling into the monotonous groove of 90km/h on single lane highway filled with summer tourist traffic. Tunes were going, boys were in their 'fort' (blanket over all headrests) watching a movie on the DVD's, I was wondering if the guy in front of me was EVER going to pass that guy in front of him pulling the trailer, and it flew in ............. a Bee. Right through my window, smacked into my arm and dropped onto my seat right in front of me between my legs.

You know how your mind wants to do one thing, and then your body reacts differently ....

I knew I had to NOT panic ... I knew I had to pull over .... instead, I flip the signal light, start to pull over and distracted by where the bee was, hit the gas instead of the break and surprised myself and the kids. Brain knew not to panic but mouth said "UH OH ....AHHH NOO!!!" which got the kids attention even more, and started a repeated duet of 'What Mom? What Happened? What's Wrong? Was there an accident? and on and on and I'm thinking "BEE!!! MUST ... PULL .... OVER!" And just kept saying 'hang on ...!' LOL. thinking 'let me get over to the side first!'

I pulled over, jumped out, swiped the bee onto the floor, took off my shoe, and that was the end of Mr Bee. Death by flip flop.

By now, the boys had popped up from their fort, and were asking 'What is it? What is it?' That's when I finally said "Bee" LOL. Got back in, pulled out into traffic and blended in with the traveling drones once again :-)

I can't remember the last time a bee/wasp flew in the car. Once we got back into the road trip groove, I thought about The Secret and what I had just read a couple of mornings ago, while sipping coffee on the deck. "What you throw out there, you attract back to you". I thought back to my conversation on the way to the pool. We certainly threw the bee out there LOL. Chalked it up to interesting coincidence :-)

The next day, we stopped in to see my best friend and her son. We took the kids for ice cream and while we were out, a wasp flew in the window and stung my friend's son on the hand. We were parked at the time ;-)

Twice in two days. What you throw out there. The more you think about it, the more you attract it. Two stinging insects through the window in two days ... things that make ya go hmmmmmm.......

The following week, I'm back at work and trying to finish the book on my coffee/lunch breaks. I hadn't gotten very far, despite the fact it's a 'small' book lol, and was in the chapter 'The Secret to Money'. I was outside on my break, leaning against one of the buildings across the street from my office, reading, sipping my coffee, having my cigarette, enjoying the little sunny patch I'd found, doing my own thing.

I had just finished reading the paragraph "... There is an abundance of money and it's on it's way to me. I am a money magnet. I love money and money loves me. I am receiving money every day ..." Cheesy I know, but ya know what? No sooner did I finish that sentence, then this guy comes up to me on the street and says "I'll give you 50 cents if I can get a cigarette from you". I gave him a smoke, refused his money with a 'no, that's ok', (which is simply the Maritimer way lol) and went back to my book. The very next sentence I read said "Giving is a powerful action to bring more money into your life". And couldn't resist putting the book down for a minute and chuckling to myself ... I read about receiving money, and the next minute was offered 50 cents (LOL) ... Gave, and then read about giving and receiving more ........ I'm thinking it's time to throw the thoughts of winning the lottery out into the universe ;-) There ya go fates, the good lottery thoughts are out there ... work your magic ... you've teased me with the bee, the wasp and the bum, now let's see what you can really do! :-D

And finally, yesterday I put in a request for a new security badge at work. Couldn't find mine and with the high security on our project, I didn't want to take the chance of having an active pass 'out there' and had mine deactivated. I was using a temp pass for the day, and had gone to the bathroom just before lunch. While washing my hands, I was thinking about how I hadn't heard back from the Security Lady who would authorize my new pass. I was thinking that I would send her an email as soon as I got back to my desk, in case I needed to have a new pic taken that day, I wanted to do it before it started raining LOL.

I finished drying the hands when a woman I didn't know came out of one of the stalls behind me. I turned to leave and she said "Are you Kim X?" I turned back around and said "Yes?" She said "Hi, I'm so and so, and I have your security badge ready for you upstairs". It was the security lady. Who does not work on my floor. Works 11 floors above, and had at that moment decided to come down to OUR floor to use our bathroom (she had her own specific reasons for being there that had nothing to do with my pass).

Thoughts of the security pass sent 'out there' and the security lady walks out of the bathroom stall behind me, on a floor nowhere near her own ... yet another thing to first make you LOL LOL LOL .... THEN go hmmmmm...... ;-)

Do I 'believe' everything I read in The Secret. Nah, I can't. Do I 'believe' in the power of positive thinking and unexplained 'weird' occurrences ... sure. We all have to believe in something don't we? ;-) I do believe I've won the lottery! I do believe I've won the lottery! I do believe I've won the lottery! (DUCK - here comes Tinkerbell!!!!)

No sense in starting with something small right? ;-)

Have a good night all!

Till next time!

K.

No comments: