Friday, June 6, 2008

Hurry Up and Wait!

Patience. Whoever said it was a virtue wasn't waiting for test results from the Doctor!

I'm not a good 'waiter'. For some things, (like little people and old people) I have patience.

Other things, not so much.

I'm the one who's grumbling, through gritted teeth at the driver in front of me, "Move Buddy! Green means GO!".


I'm the one who hits the end of a traffic jam, and is frantically looking for an alternate route, because I can't stand sitting in traffic.

I'm the one who knows all the 'secret' checkouts at the 'box stores' so I won't have to wait in the lines from hell.

I'm a 'if we're going to do it, let's do it NOW' sort of person.

I don't do waiting well.

Earlier this week, a family member went for an MRI. Yeah, scary stuff. Now we're waiting on the results.

Did I mention I don't wait well?

This is driving me insane!

What has me worried and stressed, is that prior to the exam, the tech said "We may need to inject you with dye afterwards, we may not". After the exam, the tech said "We don't need to do the dye injection, the doctor saw what he needed to see without it".

My family member left it at that. Ok, no dye needed. Great! One less procedure to go through today. WooHoo!

MY brain on the other hand, is screaming... WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?!?!??!?!?!

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Does that mean that because he was able to see 'what he needed' that it means there was nothing there to see at all... or that the something was so big that it didn't require the dye process to reveal itself?

And what is that something?

I'm guessing the next step will be a biopsy. And then we'll have to wait for THOSE results.

Sigh. Did I mention I don't do waiting well?

Come on Doc ... Green means GO!!!!!

Have a great weekend all!
K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you girl - can't stand waiting!

Did you ever hear back from the doc?

Kim's Korner said...

Nope, not yet Sam, still... waiting :-(