Monday, January 5, 2009

OMIGOD! I'm Channeling Lois Wilkerson!

Alec has started watching a new show.

Malcolm In The Middle
.



Take note of Mom's Face! LOL

Until very recently, I had never watched an episode of this. When it first started, in 2000, Alec was only 4, and Adam an infant, so neither were interested in 'sitcoms' yet. At this point, I was still trying to get that freakin' purple dinosaur off my TV screen!

Over the past couple of months, Alec has discovered Malcolm.


Pic courtesy of TV.com



At first, it caught his attention because of Frankie Muniz. He recognized him from Agent Cody Banks.




Now, it's become his new favourite show.

I caught part of one episode a few weeks ago, and thought to myself "Holy Crap! That could be US!'

What I mean is, the relationship between her four boys. They fight. Constantly. She's trying to reprimand them. Constantly. She loses that battle, alot! She loves her boys, but some days, they drive her completely and TOTALLY insane!

See? Totally US!

That night, I had convinced Adam to watch an episode, it happened to be titled 'Christmas'.

"When Malcolm and his brothers destroy their Christmas tree ornaments, Lois punishes them by canceling Christmas and moves all the presents into the garage. The only way she will reinstate the holiday is if the boys behave impeccably up to Christmas morning. Her plan works better than expected, and Lois is touched that her family responded so well to her challenge."


It was the part where Mom walks in, to find the boys surrounded by broken ornaments, a disheveled tree and chaos, and she COMPLETELY loses it!

That was the part where we ... altogether as a family ... within the first 10 minutes of the episode, looked at each other and realized ...



OMIGOD! I'm LOIS!!!!




This is not a clip from that particular episode, but classic "Lois" nonetheless ...






QUOTE:
Lois: I've been a terrible mother.
Reese: It's okay, Mom. I've known that for a long time.

Ok, so I may be channeling a psycho mom, but we do both love our boys!

I just hope they love me enough, to take me out of the loonie bin and back into society some day!

K

3 comments:

Sue said...

My first thought was, "Who?"
But now that I know, I have to say, I think SHE is channeling all of us 'real moms', because that was ME to a T most of the time. I have good moments, but not often.

Kim's Korner said...

I'm sure you have even more than you realize Sue ;-)

And I think you're right, Lois does have alot of 'real mom' moments. Although I can't honestly say I've opened the door to one of the boy's teachers, naked from the waist up LOL.

Sue said...

I heard a saying once... if you have to ask yourself if you're a good mom, you are. Or something like that. I tend to mess those things up in transit.